I, along with many others, have always struggled with the correct usage of the words affect and effect. Well, no longer!
1. to act on; to produce an effect or change in;
2. to impress the mind or move the feelings of;
3. to attack or lay hold of.
(i.e. to change or move)
4. feeling or emotion;
5. an expressed or observed emotional response;
6. inclination; inward disposition or feeling.
(i.e. a feeling or emotion)
1. something that is produced by an agency or cause; result;
2. power to produce results;
3. the state of being effective or operative;
4. a mental or emotional impression;
5. meaning or sense; purpose or intention.
(i.e. a cause or result)